Mit liebe german shepherd dog rescue, German Shepherd Dog Rescue (GSDR) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of German Shepherds and German Shepherd mixes. GSDR is a volunteer-run organization that relies on the generosity of donors and volunteers to keep its doors open.
GSDR rescues German Shepherds from a variety of sources, including shelters, pounds, and abusive situations. Once a dog is rescued, GSDR provides it with veterinary care, food, and shelter. GSDR also works to rehabilitate dogs that have been abused or neglected.
Once a dog is ready for adoption, GSDR screens potential adopters to ensure that each dog goes to a loving and responsible home. GSDR also provides support to adoptive families throughout the life of the dog.
What is German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
GSDR is an important resource for German Shepherds and German Shepherd mixes in need. The organization provides these dogs with a second chance at life and helps them find loving homes.
Here are some of the things that German Shepherd Dog Rescue does:
- Rescues German Shepherds from shelters, pounds, and abusive situations
- Provides German Shepherds with veterinary care, food, and shelter
- Rehabilitates German Shepherds that have been abused or neglected
- Screens potential adopters to ensure that each dog goes to a loving and responsible home
- Provides support to adoptive families throughout the life of the dog
GSDR is a valuable resource for German Shepherds and German Shepherd mixes in need. The organization helps these dogs find loving homes and gives them a second chance at life.
How to Adopt a Dog from German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Adopting a dog from Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue is a straightforward process. First, potential adopters should visit Mit Liebe’s website and browse through the available dogs. Each dog has a profile that includes pictures, videos, and information about their personality, history, and needs. Once the adopter has found a dog they are interested in, they should fill out an adoption application.
The adoption application asks for basic information such as the adopter’s name, address, and phone number, as well as questions about the adopter’s lifestyle, previous pet experience, and the type of home the dog would be living in. The adoption application is reviewed by Mit Liebe’s adoption team, who will then schedule a phone interview with the adopter to discuss the application further.
If everything goes well during the phone interview, the next step is a home visit. A Mit Liebe volunteer will come to the adopter’s home to ensure that it is a safe and suitable environment for the dog. If the home visit is successful, the final step is a meet-and-greet between the adopter, the dog, and any other pets or family members. If everyone gets along, the adoption is finalized and the new pup can go home with their forever family.
What are the Adoption Requirements for Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue has a few requirements for potential adopters to ensure that the dogs are placed in safe and loving homes. Some of the requirements include:
- Adopters must be at least 21 years old.
- Adopters must have a stable source of income.
- Renters must have written permission from their landlord to keep a dog.
- All current pets in the household must be spayed/neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Dogs must be kept indoors as part of the family.
- Dogs must be kept on leash or in a securely fenced yard when outside.
- Adopters must be willing to provide proper veterinary care, including yearly check-ups and vaccinations.
- Adopters must be willing to provide daily exercise, training, and socialization for the dog.
- Adopters must be willing to make a lifetime commitment to the dog.
How to Donate to Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue relies on donations to fund their rescue efforts. There are several ways to donate to Mit Liebe:
- Online: Donations can be made securely through Mit Liebe’s website using a credit or debit card.
- By mail: Donations can be sent via mail to Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue, P.O. Box 575, San Dimas, CA 91773.
- In-kind donations: Mit Liebe also accepts donations of dog food, toys, crates, and other supplies. A list of needed items can be found on their website.
All donations are tax-deductible and go directly to the care of the dogs in their program.
What is the Adoption Process at German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
The adoption process at Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue is designed to ensure that each dog is placed in the best possible home. The process includes an adoption application, phone interview, home visit, and meet-and-greet with the dog. Once the adoption is finalized, the adopter will sign an adoption contract and pay the adoption fee, which ranges from $300-$500 depending on the age of the dog.
Before the dog goes home with their new family, they will be spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, and given a thorough veterinary exam. Mit Liebe also provides each adopter with a starter bag of food, a collar, a leash, and a toy to help get them started.
What are the Success Stories of Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue has saved hundreds of dogs since its inception in 2010. Many of these dogs have gone on to live happy and fulfilling lives with their forever families. Here are just a few success stories:
- Bruno: Bruno was a senior German Shepherd who had been surrendered to a high-kill shelter in Los Angeles. Mit Liebe rescued him and placed him with a loving foster family. After a few months, Bruno was adopted by an older couple who were looking for a companion to share their golden years with. Bruno now spends his days lounging on the couch, going for leisurely walks, and snacking on treats.
- Luna: Luna was a young German Shepherd who had been hit by a car and left for dead. Mit Liebe paid for her medical expenses and provided her with extensive rehabilitation. After several months of recovery, Luna was adopted by a family with two children who adore her. Luna is now a happy and active pup who loves to play fetch and go on hikes.
- Max: Max was a German Shepherd mix who had been living on the streets for months. A Good Samaritan brought him to Mit Liebe, and he was quickly taken in by a foster family. After a few weeks, Max was adopted by a young couple who had always dreamed of having a dog. Max now enjoys going to the beach, playing with his toys, and snuggling with his new family.
How to Volunteer at Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue is always in need of volunteers to help with various tasks such as dog walking, fostering, event planning, and fundraising. To become a volunteer, potential volunteers should visit Mit Liebe’s website and fill out a volunteer application. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and willing to commit to a minimum of six months of volunteering.
What are the Events Organized by Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue hosts several events throughout the year to raise funds and awareness for their rescue efforts. Some of these events include:
- Adoption events: Mit Liebe participates in adoption events at local pet stores and other venues to showcase their available dogs and promote adoption.
- Fundraising events: Mit Liebe hosts an annual gala, silent auction, and other fundraising events to support their rescue efforts.
- Community events: Mit Liebe participates in community events such as parades and festivals to promote responsible pet ownership and educate the public about their rescue mission.
What are the Medical Services Provided by Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue provides all necessary medical care to their rescue dogs, including spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, microchipping, and veterinary exams. In addition, they provide any necessary rehabilitation or specialized medical treatment that a dog may require. Mit Liebe also has partnerships with several veterinary clinics and specialists who provide discounted services to their rescue dogs.
How to Contact Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue?
If you are interested in adopting a German Shepherd from Mit Liebe, volunteering, donating, or simply want to learn more about their rescue efforts, visit their website at www.mitliebegsdr.org. You can also follow them on social media to stay up-to-date on their dogs and events.
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue is an organization that truly puts the welfare of their rescue dogs first. Through their tireless efforts, they have saved hundreds of German Shepherds and placed them in loving homes. If you are looking to adopt a dog or support a worthy cause, consider Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue.
Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue is a non-profit organization that rescues, rehabilitates, and rehomes German Shepherds. They rely on donations and volunteers to continue their work, as well as promote responsible pet ownership in the community. By adopting a dog from Mit Liebe, not only are you saving a life, but you are also helping to support a worthy cause. Contact Mit Liebe German Shepherd Dog Rescue today to learn how you can get involved.