AK Cat and Dog Rescue is a non-profit 501(c)(3) animal rescue group devoted to saving animals in Alaska. Their primary focus is to bring into rescue dogs and cats in from all over the great state of Alaska for alters, vaccines, and medical needs. They also work to transport animals to forever homes in the lower 48 states.
AK Cat and Dog Rescue is supported by an amazing network of volunteers and community donations. They rely on the generosity of the public to help them provide the care and support that their animals need.
AK Cat and Dog Rescue Organization Overview
- Rescue: AK Cat and Dog Rescue works to rescue dogs and cats from a variety of situations, including shelters, high-kill shelters, and rural communities.
- Rehabilitation: AK Cat and Dog Rescue provides medical care, behavioral rehabilitation, and socialization for the animals in their care.
- Adoption: AK Cat and Dog Rescue works to find loving homes for all of their animals. They offer a variety of adoption events and resources to help potential adopters find the perfect pet for their family.
In addition to their rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption services, AK Cat and Dog Rescue also offers a variety of educational programs and resources to the public. They are committed to helping people learn more about responsible pet ownership and the importance of animal welfare.
AK Cat and Dog Rescue is a vital part of the animal welfare community in Alaska. They provide essential services to dogs and cats in need and work to find loving homes for all of their animals.
Here are some ways to get involved with AK Cat and Dog Rescue:
- Adopt a pet: AK Cat and Dog Rescue has a variety of dogs and cats available for adoption. Visit their website or Facebook page to learn more about the animals they have available.
- Foster a pet: Fostering is a great way to help AK Cat and Dog Rescue save more lives. Fosters provide temporary homes for animals while they are waiting to be adopted.
- Volunteer: AK Cat and Dog Rescue relies on the help of volunteers to keep their organization running smoothly. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available, including helping with adoption events, dog walking, and cleaning kennels.
- Donate: AK Cat and Dog Rescue is a non-profit organization and relies on donations to fund their programs and services. Any amount helps!
If you are interested in getting involved with AK Cat and Dog Rescue, please visit their website or Facebook page.
The organization operates solely on donations and fundraising efforts, making every dollar count towards the care of the animals they rescue. In addition to their rescue efforts, AK Cat and Dog Rescue also provides education on responsible pet ownership, spay/neuter programs, and animal welfare laws.
Mission Statement of AK Cat and Dog Rescue
AK Cat and Dog Rescue’s mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and re-home cats and dogs while educating the public about responsible pet ownership. Their goal is to reduce the number of homeless animals and promote the importance of spay and neuter programs to prevent overpopulation.
Adoption Process at AK Cat and Dog Rescue
Adopting a pet from AK Cat and Dog Rescue is a straightforward process. Prospective adopters must fill out an application, which can be found on their website. Once the application is submitted, a volunteer will review it and contact the applicant for a phone interview. If the applicant passes the phone interview, they will schedule a meet-and-greet with the cat or dog they are interested in adopting.
If the meet-and-greet goes well, the adopter will complete an adoption contract and pay the adoption fee. The adoption fee varies depending on the animal and covers the cost of spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, and microchipping.
Volunteering Opportunities with AK Cat and Dog Rescue
AK Cat and Dog Rescue relies on dedicated volunteers to help care for their animals and maintain their organization. Volunteers can assist with tasks such as feeding, cleaning, socializing, and transporting animals. Other volunteer opportunities include fundraising, event planning, and administrative tasks.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and complete an application and orientation process before starting. To learn more about volunteering with AK Cat and Dog Rescue, visit their website or contact them directly.
Foster Care Program at AK Cat and Dog Rescue
Foster homes are essential to AK Cat and Dog Rescue’s mission. Foster families provide temporary homes for animals while they await adoption. Fostering a cat or dog gives them a chance to receive one-on-one attention, socialization, and training in a home environment.
AK Cat and Dog Rescue provides all necessary supplies and medical care for their foster animals. If you’re interested in becoming a foster parent, fill out an application on their website or contact them for more information.
Donation Options for AK Cat and Dog Rescue
As a non-profit organization, AK Cat and Dog Rescue relies on donations to continue their rescue efforts. There are several ways to donate to the organization, including:
- One-time donations: Donations can be made online through their website or by mail.
- Monthly donations: Supporters can sign up for monthly recurring donations to provide ongoing support.
- Wish list donations: AK Cat and Dog Rescue has an Amazon wishlist of items that are needed for their animals.
- In-kind donations: Supporters can donate goods or services, such as printing or graphic design, to help the organization.
All donations are tax-deductible, and supporters can choose to direct their donation towards a specific area, such as veterinary care, spay/neuter programs, or general operating expenses.
Upcoming Events Hosted by AK Cat and Dog Rescue
AK Cat and Dog Rescue hosts several fundraising and adoption events throughout the year. These events provide an opportunity for supporters to meet the organization’s volunteers and animals while raising funds for their rescue efforts. Some of their upcoming events include:
- Mutt Strut: A pet-friendly walkathon that raises money for animal welfare.
- Bark in the Park: A family-friendly event featuring vendors, food trucks, and adoptable pets.
- Paws for a Cause: A silent auction and dinner fundraiser for AK Cat and Dog Rescue.
To stay updated on upcoming events, visit their website or follow them on social media.
Success Stories of AK Cat and Dog Rescue Adoptions
AK Cat and Dog Rescue has helped rescue and re-home hundreds of cats and dogs over the years. Each success story is a testament to their dedication to animal welfare. Here are a few of their success stories:
- TomTom: A senior cat who was rescued from a hoarding situation. He was adopted by a loving family who gave him the care and attention he had been lacking. – Bella: A dog who was found wandering on the streets. She was adopted by a family with two children who adored her playful personality.
- Loki: A cat who was surrendered by his owner due to behavioral issues. He was given the training and socialization he needed before being adopted by a patient and loving family.
These success stories are just a few examples of the impact AK Cat and Dog Rescue has had on the lives of animals and their adoptive families.
Partner Organizations that Work with AK Cat and Dog Rescue
AK Cat and Dog Rescue works with several partner organizations to provide resources and support for their rescue efforts. Some of their partners include:
- Local veterinary clinics: AK Cat and Dog Rescue works with local veterinary clinics to provide medical care for their animals.
- Petco Foundation: AK Cat and Dog Rescue has received grant funding from the Petco Foundation to support their spay/neuter programs.
- Alaska SPCA: AK Cat and Dog Rescue partners with the Alaska SPCA to provide resources for homeless animals in Alaska.
By working together with these organizations, AK Cat and Dog Rescue is able to reach more animals in need and provide them with the care they deserve.
How to Contact AK Cat and Dog Rescue for More Information
If you’re interested in learning more about AK Cat and Dog Rescue or getting involved with their organization, there are several ways to contact them:
- Website: Visit their website at akcatanddogrescue.com for more information on their rescue efforts, adoption process, volunteering opportunities, and upcoming events.
- Email: Send an email to email@example.com to get in touch with their organization.
- Phone: Call (907) 982-2228 to speak with a volunteer at AK Cat and Dog Rescue.
Whether you’re looking to adopt a furry friend, volunteer your time, or make a donation, AK Cat and Dog Rescue welcomes your support.
AK Cat and Dog Rescue is making a difference in the lives of cats and dogs in Alaska by providing rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption services. Their mission to reduce the number of homeless animals and promote responsible pet ownership is an important one, and they rely on the support of their community to continue their efforts.
By adopting a pet from AK Cat and Dog Rescue, volunteering your time, or making a donation, you can help save the lives of animals in need. Visit their website or contact them directly to learn more about how you can get involved.