Danbury animal welfare society adoption, The Danbury Animal Welfare Society (DAWS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of animals in the community and beyond. DAWS offers a variety of adoption services for dogs and cats.
To adopt an animal from DAWS, you must first complete an online application. This application will help DAWS staff learn more about your lifestyle and needs, so they can match you with the best possible pet. Once your application has been approved, you will be able to schedule a time to meet with an adoption counselor and meet the animals you are interested in adopting.
Danbury animal welfare society adoption Steps to Adopt a Pet from Danbury Animal Welfare Society
DAWS adoption fees include the cost of spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, microchipping, and a veterinary exam. Fees for dogs vary depending on age, but are generally around $400. Fees for cats are also age-dependent, but are generally around $150.
DAWS is currently under construction, so their adoption process has changed slightly. Instead of visiting the shelter to meet adoptable animals, you can view their dog and cat galleries online to find your perfect pet. Once you have found an animal you are interested in, you can complete an online application to adopt.
If you are interested in adopting an animal from DAWS, please visit their website for more information and to complete an adoption application.
Here is a step-by-step guide to adopting an animal from DAWS:
- Visit the DAWS website and view the dog or cat gallery to find an animal you are interested in adopting.
- Click on the animal’s profile to learn more about them.
- If you are still interested in adopting the animal, complete the online adoption application.
- A DAWS adoption counselor will contact you to review your application and answer any questions you have.
- If your application is approved, you will be able to schedule a time to meet the animal you are interested in adopting.
- If you decide to adopt the animal, you will need to pay the adoption fee.
- You can take your new pet home!
DAWS is a great place to adopt a new pet. Their staff is caring and knowledgeable, and they are committed to finding the perfect home for every animal in their care.
Keep in mind that DAWS has the right to deny any adoption application if they feel it’s not in the best interest of the animal. They want to ensure that each pet goes to a loving and responsible home.
Available Animals for Adoption at Danbury Animal Welfare Society
DAWS has a variety of cats and dogs available for adoption, ranging in age, breed, and personality. On their website, you can browse animals by species, gender, age, and size to find the perfect match for your household. They even have a section for special needs pets who may require extra care or attention.
Each animal’s profile includes pictures, a bio, and information about their history and personality. This can help you get a better sense of whether they would be a good fit for your family. Keep in mind that new animals are added regularly, so if you don’t see one right away, check back later.
Requirements and Fees for Adopting from Danbury Animal Welfare Society
Before adopting from DAWS, there are a few requirements you should meet. These include:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid ID with your current address
- Be able to provide proper care for the animal, including food, shelter, and medical care
- If renting, have written permission from your landlord to have a pet
- If you have other pets, proof of up-to-date vaccinations and spaying/neutering
The adoption fee varies depending on the animal’s age and species, but typically ranges from $150-$500. This fee helps cover the cost of caring for the animal while they’re at DAWS, including food, shelter, medical care, and any necessary training.
In addition to the adoption fee, there may be additional costs associated with owning a pet, such as food, toys, and veterinary care. It’s important to factor these expenses into your budget before adopting.
Benefits of Adopting from Danbury Animal Welfare Society
Adopting a pet from DAWS comes with a range of benefits, both for you and the animal. Some of these benefits include:
- Saving a life: By adopting from DAWS, you’re giving a second chance at life to an animal who may have otherwise been euthanized or left in a shelter indefinitely.
- Healthy animals: All animals available for adoption at DAWS receive a thorough vet exam and are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped. This means you can adopt with confidence knowing your new pet is healthy and up-to-date on their medical needs.
- Breed knowledge: DAWS staff are knowledgeable about animal breeds and can help you find a pet that fits your lifestyle and personality.
- Ongoing support: DAWS offers ongoing support to adopters, including training resources and access to their behaviorist. They want to ensure each adoption is successful and the animal thrives in their new home.
Volunteering Opportunities at Danbury Animal Welfare Society
If you’re not ready to adopt but still want to help, consider volunteering at DAWS. They have a range of volunteer opportunities available, including:
- Dog walking
- Cat socialization
- Adoption event assistance
- Fundraising and events
Volunteering at DAWS is a great way to get involved in your community and make a difference in the lives of animals. Plus, it can be a fun and rewarding experience.
To become a volunteer at DAWS, you’ll need to attend an orientation session and complete their application process. Volunteers must be 16 years or older, but there are some opportunities available for younger volunteers with parental supervision.
Success Stories of Adopted Pets from Danbury Animal Welfare Society
DAWS has helped countless animals find loving homes over the years. Here are just a few success stories:
- Daisy: After being surrendered to DAWS, Daisy quickly found her forever home with a young couple who had been searching for a dog just like her. She now enjoys hikes and adventures with her new family.
- Willow: Found as a stray, Willow was shy and nervous when she arrived at DAWS. But with patience and love from her adoptive family, she has blossomed into a confident, happy pup who loves to play fetch.
- Romeo and Juliet: These two bonded cats were surrendered together and quickly became popular among staff and volunteers at DAWS. They were eventually adopted by a loving family who could provide them with the care and attention they needed, and they now spend their days lounging in sunny windowsills together.
Donating to Danbury Animal Welfare Society
If you’re unable to adopt or volunteer, donating to DAWS is another great way to support their mission. As a non-profit organization, they rely on donations to continue providing care and services to animals in need.
You can donate online through their website or send a check to their mailing address. They also accept donations of food, toys, and other supplies. Additionally, you can support DAWS through Amazon Smile, where a portion of your purchase will be donated to them.
Events and Fundraisers by Danbury Animal Welfare Society
Throughout the year, DAWS hosts a variety of events and fundraisers to support their work. These include:
- Annual Walk and Festival: A fun, family-friendly event that includes a walkathon, food vendors, games, and more.
- Paws and Claus: A holiday-themed event where families can take photos with Santa and their pets.
- Online auctions: DAWS regularly holds online auctions for items such as gift baskets or experiences.
Attending these events or participating in their fundraisers is a great way to show your support while having fun.
Fostering Programs Offered by Danbury Animal Welfare Society
Fostering is another important way to help animals in need. DAWS has several foster programs available to help prepare animals for adoption, including:
- Kitten fostering: Foster families care for young kittens until they’re old enough to be adopted.
- Dog fostering: Foster families care for dogs who may need extra attention or training before they’re ready for their forever homes.
- Medical fostering: Foster families care for animals who are recovering from medical procedures or illnesses.
Fostering can be a temporary or long-term commitment, depending on your availability and the animal’s needs. All necessary supplies and vet care are provided by DAWS.
Adopting Special Needs or Senior Pets from Danbury Animal Welfare Society
Special needs and senior pets often have a harder time finding homes, but they can make wonderful companions for the right person. DAWS has a section on their website dedicated to special needs animals, which includes information about each animal’s unique needs and requirements.
Senior pets may require some extra TLC, but they often have a lot of love to give. DAWS offers reduced adoption fees for senior animals to encourage more people to consider adopting them.
Adopting a pet from Danbury Animal Welfare Society is a rewarding experience that can change not only your life but also the life of an animal in need. With their wide variety of animals and programs, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re ready to adopt, volunteer, donate, or foster, DAWS has many ways for you to get involved. So if you’re considering adding a furry friend to your family, look no further than DAWS.